27 NOV 2018
● SRI LANKA
Please phone us for assistance:
+94 11 59 86 023
+94 59 86 026
1. Download the registration form below:
download registration form
2. Send the completed forms by fax or email:
+94 (11) 23 25 123
3. Make payment
by cheque.. Ask for a Proforma Invoice if necessary.
255, Vauxhall St.,
Colombo 002, SRI LANKA
PO Box 865 CMB,
Join our Mailng List - Textile Update>>
Textiles are getting Complex day by day with new types and trends of Fibres , Yarns , Fabric structures , sew and bonding systems and Apparel designs.
The seminar will introduce the basics of how various factors of weather and climate, such as solar radiation, heat and moisture, affect materials and how to test the resistance of a formulation or product to them.
Special attention is given to the testing of textile and classical textiles but the seminar can dwelve into paints and protective coatings, automotive materials, geo textile and architectural products or any other materials.
Participants attending this course will learn:
The primary weather factors that affect the durability of materials
National and international test methods that govern natural and accelerated outdoor testing techniques and environments
Artificial laboratory weathering test methodologies
How to properly structure a weathering test to derive maximum value
As high end brands start increasingly sourcing various types of Materials & Products from Sri Lanka..Weathering and Lightfastness are an important part of the quality and product delivery benchmarks demanded.
The seminar also introduces the new trends and advancements in accelerated Weathering and Lightfastness in Classical and Technical Textiles,
to those involved with Designing, Specifying, Testing, Evaluating,Selling or Purchasing products, that could be affected by exposure by new demands in the market.
Cassims International Continuous Education Progamme on Textile Testing 2018-
Updates on Weathering and Lightfastness Trends in Classical Textiles and Technical Textiles
TOPICS OF PRESENTATION
- Fundamentals of Weathering
- Basics of Colorfastness in Textiles
- Common Lightfastness Standards
- Test Methods for Textiles - AATCC TM16, ISO 105 B02
- Customer Specifications - NIKE, M&S , ADIDAS, DECATHLON
- Wet Perspiration Light Fastness Testing
- Purpose of Weathering in Textiles
- Evaluation Methods
- Lightfastness Evaluation Methods - Instrument Vs Visual
- Handling Blue Wool & Grey Scale
- Weathering of Textiles - Technical Textiles
- Classical Textiles Vs Technical Textiles
- Global Perspective - US, EUROPE, ASIA & FAR EAST
- SERVICE LIFE PREDICTIONS (Correlation & Acceleration)
- Outdoor Vs Laboratory
Meet the Trainer .
Dr Florian Feil
- Global Leader in Client Education
- Senior Consultant - Weathering Technology
- Standards Manager - Europe for ATLAS GmbH
- Expert in weathering and photo-degradation of materials and products.
- 14 years of experience in material degradation and material stabilization strategy
- Weathering consulting and service-life prediction
- Application support and development
- Responsible for global client education program
- Responsible for European standardization
Research and Education
- PhD in Chemistry
- University of Constance, Germany (2002)
- Senior Consultant on Weathering Technology in Europe.
- Post-doctoral research on conducting polymers and electrochemistry at the Ohio State University (2003-2004)
- Research on Corrosion & Corrosion protection at the DECHEMA
- Research Institute in Frankfurt, Germany (2005-2011)